February 11, 2015

Day 5 of Recovery

Pain: 6/10
Mood: lazy
Appetite: I miss food
Progress: I pooped

The new medication schedule and a little school pride
Last night was another hard night. The strong meds were having some nasty side effects. Carolyn has been taking care of me since the surgery, but she called in Sister Adams to help. Sister Adams is a senior missionary for our church and a retired nurse. She came over and my blood pressure was super low. I was feeling terrible. So they changes up my medication and wrote out a new schedule. They set it up so Ill be taking less of the narcotic stuff, and subbing in some Advil. She also started my on Benadryl for my itching.

Today the pain hasn't been to bad. Sister Adams helped me get a shower and after that I was so exhausted, like I had run a marathon. But I felt clean. After the shower she changed my dressing. My leg really hurt after that.

The Benadryl makes me sleepy. I slept all night and all day and I'm still tired. I worry about all the school work I'm not doing. I just don't have the ability to concentrate or be creative. my mind is blank, my thoughts are blah. I just super sleepy.

I felt a little hunger for the first time after I pooped. but not since. I eat when people tell me to, but if they didn't I probably wouldn't. There's so much I cant do for myself. I can't cook or clean or even fill my water bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear your thoughts and I always make an effort to engage with my readers.
Keep it classy.

(Harassing or insulting messages will be removed and reported)