![]() |
| The mug speaks the truth |
However
staying in bed for this long is not as fun as it sounds. I was put on bed rest
after my last hospital visit. I need to keep my leg above my heart to keep the
swelling down. No one ever told me that bed rest would have side effects. I get
heartburn, because I’m always lying down. I have heat rash all over my back.
When I get up to go to the washroom, my leg swells up and hurts for about an
hour.
I’m home
alone now. My roommate is still out of town, but my sister comes over in the
mornings to check on me and bring me food. Sometimes I have visitors. They
always bring food.
![]() |
| December 24th vs December 29th |
![]() |
| Tramadol, Lyrica, and Advil |
I don’t
think I’d be able to get through bed rest if it wasn’t for Tesla. She’s my
kitten. She’s a 10-month-old calico. I adopted her in May, and spent a lot of
time with her, training her not to destroy things, not to chew on cables, or
claw the couch. I got her accepted into a Pet Smart Charities grant for people
on financial assistance, so she could be spayed and I only had a $20 co-pay.
She is so well behaved, easily affectionate, hilariously vocal, and is ever so
gentle. She has a lot of patience when my one-year-old niece is pulling her fur
and squealing in her face. Tesla likes to cuddle with me all day. Both her and
Jinx, my roommate’s cat, spend all their time on my bed or in my room. They
only leave to go eat and use the litter box. Its like they know something is
wrong with me.
I’m happy to have the cats, and I’m happy when friends come visit, but I cant wait to get out of this bed, get off these drugs, and get back to school and my life.
TTYL
Julie
Julie





No comments:
Post a Comment
Id love to hear your thoughts and I always make an effort to engage with my readers.
Keep it classy.
(Harassing or insulting messages will be removed and reported)