July 11, 2016

CT Results

It could have gone one of three ways:
1- You're fine, no surgery needed
2- It's not so good, you might need surgery by next year, we'll keep an eye on it
3- It's bad, we should operate as soon as we can

It shouldn't be a surprise by now, but I got the third one.

The CT scan showed what the X-ray was hiding. While the fused bones connected around the edges, there is a gap between the bones on the inside, with no indication that they were fusing.

Imagine you have a bone, and its broken. You walk on it every day. There are three screws and some sliveres of bone growth holding it all together, but it's broken inside. That's what I've been walking on for the last four months.

I'm mad. Mad at my body for being so stubborn and not healing. Mad at God for thinking I should handle this. Mad at my health insurance, or lack thereof. I don't wanna hear any more platitudes. No more people saying "Stay positive" Stay positive about what?!? This sucks!! It's ruined my whole life! I'm not always a monster of negativity, but I need people to just let me feel my feelings, good or bad.

I'm not mad at my doctor. He's just as bummed about this as I am. He's not arrogant about it either. He truly wants to give me the best outcome possible.

It was a bad break. There's no blame, no faults. Everyone needs to stop suggesting that I sue the city or sue the hospital.

A photo posted by Julie Albers (@julie_albers) on

No comments:

Post a Comment

Id love to hear your thoughts and I always make an effort to engage with my readers.
Keep it classy.

(Harassing or insulting messages will be removed and reported)